';
Powered by Blogger.

not any old knot.





One fine day, my daughter Shiri brought me a gift. It was a book, a retrospective on the work of Diane Itter. I had never heard of her before but from the first image I was captivated. She used only one technique; knotting using a unique double half-hitch knot. This is what she said: "By limiting myself to one technique and one material I am forced to think of imagery - not any technical tricks or gimmicks." She created miniature masterpieces, celebrations of color and texture as well as form.
She succumbed to cancer at the age of 43. What an inspiration!

Post a Comment

About This Blog

©Orna Willis
All images, text, and content on this site are the sole property of Orna Willis and may not be used, copied or transmitted without the express consent of Orna Willis. Any other inquiries please email me at orna@ornadesign.com

Blog Archive